The following promotion standards are of temporary value to us as we are gradually moving towards a modular system. It is therefore imperative that the promotion standards are used as a guideline for the placement of our students within the CXC system. We urge all teaching staff to look at each student carefully and remember that each of these adolescents is a human being in development and that changes in behavior and study attitude are part of this growth.
A student is promoted from form 1 to form 2 and from form 2 to form 3 if the following requirements have been met:
- The student has an average of 6.0 or more.
- The student has at least two sufficient marks in the following subjects: English/Math/Dutch
A student is in Discussion zone when:
- The student has not yet completely deem competent
- Has an average of 5.5-5.9.
Notice: Students with an average of 7.5 and two sufficient marks in two of the following subjects English, Math and Dutch along with positive advice from teachers, may be promoted to another group.
A student is promoted from CCSLC V3 to form 4 CVQ if the following requirements have been met:
- The student has passed the CCSLC exit examination
- The student has a 6.0 as an overall average.
- The student has at least two sufficient marks in the subjects; English/Math/Dutch
The CVQ Units are:
- General Construction level 1/2
- Food Preparation and Cookery level 1/2
- Early Childhood Development level 1/2
A student is promoted from form A3 to form 4 CSEC if the following requirements have been met:
- The student has been deemed competent in the CCSLC exit examination
- The student has a 6.0 overall average
- The student has at least two sufficient marks in Math/English/Dutch.
A student from form 3 to 4 is in the Discussion zone if:
- The student has not yet been deemed competent
- The student has an overall average of between 5.5 to 5.9.
A student may move from V3 to CSEC, if he/she has completed their CCSLC exam subjects at Master level.
Promotion in very special circumstances takes place in the following fashion:
- The student gets to do a re-sit
- The student gets to do an extra assignment
- The student gets a promotion contract (in this case the student has to live up to the terms in the contract). The contract is evaluated by the end of the first term. This contract needs to be signed by all parties involved (student/parent/assessor/internal verifier).
A student is promoted from form 4 to form 5 (CSEC) if the following requirements have been met:
- The student has at least five subjects (exam subjects, based on the CSEC-syllabus, (not including PE or creative Art), at least an average of 5.5
- No subject shall be below 4.0
- At least English or Mathematics shall be 5.5 or above.
- Each student should have the opportunity to develop and to be evaluated on the competencies achieved.
- Assessment of competency is not only based on knowledge and attitude but primarily on the actual demonstration of the competency.
- Competency standards are used as the basis for assessing achievement and students should be aware of them.
Students from the Primary school enter into the CXC system based on the indication of the primary school. A written advice for placement is delivered by the primary school, this advice is legally binding.
Notice: The GL assessments are used as an indication to have more info on the study ability of each student and to track their study performance.